Tuesday, October 2, 2007

TECH: iPhone wi-fi iTunes music store.


I'm a lazy adopter. I wish I were an official early adopter, but usually I'm not willing to plunk down big bucks for technology until I at least know it works. But in the case of the iPhone, I was as early adopter as possible. I bought it as soon as I returned from an international trip, at the end of July. Oh, and I got all $200 back from Apple after the price drop too. So no sour grapes here.

And regardless of all the controversy over their policies for blocking third-party software, one new app they added last week in the 1.1.1 update is a real winner. Their iTunes store, which works (only) while on a wi-fi network.

Check out the video to see a demonstration. The beauty of the store is that it's the ultimate time-waster. Have a couple minutes downtime waiting for a friend to meet you at Starbucks? Looking for new music and want to check it out on the go? This store works like a charm. Simply touch the application's button and you're off. Find a song you're interested in and it will play a sample; just like on iTunes. But there's something about playing new music while "in the field" that is just that much more fun.

Now rather than jotting down song names to download later, you can do it instantly, then sync the tune to your computer later. Sweet!

No comments: